[hackerspaces] [Survey] Peer Production / DIY community survey June 15th - 30th 2012

Jarkko Moilanen Jarkko.Moilanen at uta.fi
Fri Jun 15 10:52:08 CEST 2012

[Not directly hacking related]

Hi,

I'm inviting you to participate on a survey on individuals involved in
different kind of Peer Production communities: hackerspaces,
makerspaces, fablabs, 100k garages, and alike. The survey contains 21
questions, and typically it takes around 5 minutes to complete.

Survey can be found from here:
- in English http://surveys.peerproduction.net/ls/index.php?sid=34316&lang=en
- in French http://surveys.peerproduction.net/ls/index.php?sid=34316&lang=fr

Survey will be open 15-30th June 2012, which leaves you 2 weeks time
to answer it.

DETAILS:

The survey was conducted 2010 and 2011. Results from 2011 (compared to
2010) can be found from here:
http://surveys.peerproduction.net/2012/02/peer-production-communities-survey-2011/

Last year 250 hackers participated in the survey. Hopefully this time
more hackers will participate. The survey is intended to give insights
about DIY communities to the people involved, and we hope that this
will help in motivating you to take the time to participate!

The survey is a part of a newly founded initiative for open source
research on peer production (supported by the Peer to Peer Foundation,
more info at http://surveys.peerproduction.net/). All of the
(anonymised, of course!) data will be openly available on the survey
site.

I edited questions slightly, but no major changes were made. Biggest
change is the tool used. This year we use LimeSurvey, which is a great
open source survey tool. Another change is that this time we have
survey questions in English and French.

Results will be posted to above mentioned blog this summer. The raw
data from this survey will be made
available for everyone else too for further use. Link to data will be
provided in http://surveys.peerproduction.net/open-data/longitudinal-data/

Your help would be needed: if you can (and see fit) spread the word,
please do.

Cheers,
Jarkko (IRC nick: kyyberi)