[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces and HAM radio?

Harry harry at deds.nl
Sun Feb 19 21:23:54 CET 2012

> Of course, we will have to make sure no unlicensed hackers will use the
> RX/TX equipment, but are there any concerns beside that?

Laws may vary according to your GPS-data, but my local queen says the
following about the subject:

"The keeper of the registration has to take care (s)he is present at the
radiostation if it is used by someone else, and is responsible for keeping
up with the regulations."

So the license holder needs to be present, can even be asleep or
unconscious, - not dead because then the license would expire.

http://www.agentschaptelecom.nl/binaries/content/assets/agentschaptelecom/Radiozendamateurs/gebruikersbepalingen-amateur-frequentiegebruik.pdf