[hackerspaces] [Noisebridge-discuss] Sister city hackerspaces

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Wed Aug 29 23:01:02 CEST 2012

We have had a skype stream going with Hackerdojo's water cooler for a few
months now and have heard no complaints. People just mute it when they don't
want to be heard, and turn it back on when they're done, as far as i can tell.

I for one welcome our telepresence overlords and hope that more spaces do it!
I would love to have a big SIP phonebook of hackerspaces to talk to.

On Wed 29 August 2012 07:10:04 Tim Saylor wrote:
> We have anti camera complainers in our space too.  Let them do the fun
> spoiling, no need to spoil it on their behalf.  A 24x7 video uplink would
> be awesome, and be very helpful in creating a feeling of connection between
> the spaces.
>
> On Aug 29, 2012 4:06 AM, "Nils Hitze" <nhitze at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Concerning the streaming between hackerspaces, I would be careful there.
> >
> >> I'm supporter of interconnecting hackerspaces and movement as much as
> >> possible, having for  example some cool specifically looking "dedicated"
> >> machine at each hackerspace for communication of whatever type (audio,
> >> video), would be great (especially if we consider the upcoming satellite
> >> communication system which has to be coordinated somehow from various
> >> hackerspaces, right?). However I have seen some quite strong opposition
> >> of
> >> "cameras in the place" for example at Noisebridge. And in a way, I see
> >> the
> >> reason why to be careful there.
> >
> > So Morse Ticker would be ok, right?

Ryan Rix