[hackerspaces] Sigh -- I'm not helping with Maker Faires this year.

Don Ankney dankney at hackerco.de
Tue Apr 3 05:35:32 CEST 2012

It's hard to point this out without sounding like a troll (and I'm really trying not to), but DARPA funding is pretty closely tied to the origin on the Internet. I honestly don't understand the objections for grants such as Maker Faires.

For the Internet, the DARPA funding is acceptable because we believe in the end result of the funding. How is Maker Faire any different? It's not as if the Faire has the potential for being weaponized.