[hackerspaces] To all Dev's

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Tue Sep 20 21:38:13 CEST 2011

On 09/20/2011 06:49 AM, Matt Joyce wrote:
> There was actually a pretty funny / interesting thread on linkedin forums
> for some cloud group... basically attempting to define cloud computing.
>
> It's pretty fun to try to do.

The cloud semantical debacle reminds me of the early days of .Net. No one
was really sure what it was supposed to be, just that Microsoft promised it
was awesome and had something to do with "web services".

Sometimes it really looks like marketing departments launch new buzzwords
and wait that the tech-savvy crowd asks enough questions so that some sort
of quantum-like wavefunction collapse happens and that a coherent meaning
can be observed.

Iv