[hackerspaces] Forming relationships with local material suppliers for cut-offs and the like

Will Bradley will at heatsynclabs.org
Sun Sep 18 05:19:43 CEST 2011

I don't think formal relationships for that have been made, but for example
one member is an employee of a laser fabricating shop and has offered
members a tour and free time on the laser. Or when we needed LN2 for a day,
the welding supply place waived the weekly dewar rental fee. That kind of
adhoc or individual stuff seems more genuine and valuable than our attempts
so far at establishing some kind of agreement. Friendly, in-person queries
and working on a relationship with an employee seem to work better than just
phoning up the manager.