[hackerspaces] AI Class Study Sections?

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Thu Oct 13 16:58:12 CEST 2011

  Hi!

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:38:32AM -0400, R. Mark Adams, PhD wrote:
> The Thrun/Norvig Intro to AI class (http://www.ai-class.com/home/) has
> almost 180,000 participants!  I have seen several posts about study
> sections popping up at Hackerspaces around the world.  We have one
> going at HacDC, too.  It seems that there is a pretty amazing
> potential synergy going on between hackerspaces and this kind of free
> online course.  I am trying to get a handle on the fraction of spaces
> which have a study section going.  Does your local hackerspace have a
> study section for any of these online classes running?

  In brmlab, Prague, I'm holding an independent 14-week lecture cycle on
Artificial Intelligence and Theoretical Computer Science, but it is
possible that a study group might form around the intersection/union of
both classes since some people are following ai-class.com too (and I
also encourage those who visit the lectures to follow it too).

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis