[hackerspaces] Option for Temporary Email List for Planned Hackerspace

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:35:56 CET 2011

Appreciate the continued feedback everybody!

Just trying to avoid googlegroups altogether for now, would like to have
something uber-simple and get some get-togethers going before we decide on
a real communications infrastructure. Thought hackerspaces.org would be a
good place to piggy-back, I'm pretty content using the hackerspaces
MediaWiki installation for public notes about the project. Also, might be a
good opportunity to define a general protocol for new groups who just want
to get the ball rolling.

Also, we're aware of the other hackerspaces in the east bay, but think
there is a need for a location near BART and focus on virtual, software,
web, etc. Also looking for opportunities for public outreach/access and
education. Mainly would like to find other people who are interested,
develop common goals, etc.

- Matt