[hackerspaces] pay-what-you-can

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Wed May 18 02:30:12 CEST 2011

Matt,
I'm curious to hear more on the compare and contast. You came from one
of the first hackerspaces, and a more selective model of membership,
and now hang out at a very very open-to-all space. Things I'd dig you
thoughts on

1) Does it have to do with the prevailing wealth and/or culture of a place IYHO?

2) Is one easier to use, or harder to use as a regular member?

3) Which and where did you feel more a member of a club?

4) any diversity differences that seem to stem directly from membership model?

5) Anything else you want to add? Are you no longer a
market-for-profit avenger? Have you become a communard from your time
at Noisebridge :) ?

Gratuitous Ginger, hack on,
- Far McKon

http://www.Hive76.org  "Making things awesome,  making awesome things!"