[hackerspaces] Wikipedia user suggesting deleting loads of Hackerspaces!

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Sun Feb 20 11:43:49 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:29:37PM -0500, Agent 5 wrote:
> Wow I thought it was just us. We made our first DC401 page and it was taken
> down twice already this week. Granted it may require some tweaking but I
> felt deletion was a bit extreme.
>
> I ask you this... What would a Lex Luthor do?

This is just the way of wikipedia. They are plagued by a small army of
deletionistas, who think everyone is in one big conspiracy to poison
the mighty wikipedia with unfounded trivia.

You can try and fight them, but I don't give you a lot of chance against
these Don Quichotte's. They've been with wikipedia longer than any of
us combined, which seems to be the primary criteria for judging your
input to discussions about deletions.

It is like many of the redacted encyclopedeas. You don't just get in there,
you first have to pass the gatekeepers. Traditional encyclopedea have editors,
wikipedia has an army of bots and the deletionist nazi's.

Good luck!

- gmc