[hackerspaces] What's your recording setup?

tetsu yatsu tetsuharu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 23:41:30 CET 2011

Some of our members insisted on extreme security measures -- 24/7 recording
of everyone at the lab all the time, that it would be 'protected' 'behind'
some server to protect our privacy, and only brought up when we think
someone is stolen. Obviously, we're all hackers, and it wouldn't stay
private for long. Even then, it just encourages a power dynamic and
cat-n-mouse game to break the data free and keep it secure.

My compromise was that the default setting takes 4 photos every hour and
runs them through OpenCV to cover faces, then runs them through autotrace
just for fun:

http://i.imgur.com/kgNgL.png
http://i.imgur.com/1oLRp.png

Also it looks cool :).

Live recordings for demo purposes you obviously want people to know who you
are so high quality streaming recording etc.