[hackerspaces] What's your recording setup?

Mo Morsi mo at morsi.org
Sat Feb 12 18:11:17 CET 2011

  On 02/12/2011 07:41 AM, Hans Fraiponts wrote:
> Hi, for my local hackerspace I'd like to record talks.
> I have a few usb webcams, a microphone and a computer.
> I'd like to be able to switch between cams, set the audio to
> microphone and I'd like the output to be recorded to harddrive.
> Just like the professionals ;-)
> Does anyone know an open source toolchain that would allow me to do so?
>
> If not how do you handle recordings in your space?
>
> Grts,
>
> Hans F.

Slightly different, but in the same vein as recording talks, we setup a
live feed using an Axis 205 webcam at the Syracuse Innovators Guild. You
can check it out here

http://sig315.org/live-feed/

I'm curious as to the hackerspace community's thoughts on live feeds.
Part of me says its a cool feature, but part of me says its a bit too
invasive. Obviously we're recording the video for a limited time for
security purposes, but not sure if we want to keep this video stream
public. Thoughts?

   -Mo Morsi