[hackerspaces] help with telepresence at CCCamp

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Fri Feb 4 19:03:29 CET 2011

I remember seeing some lovely folks from CCC setting up an RC car with a ptz
on it at HOPE two years ago.

Since the Camps tend to have a considerable bandwidth available, maybe a
similar solution would be the way to go.

Setup a live flash feed, and some web controls for the RC vehicle and open
it up to hackerspaces.

The car camera could be accessed via wifi.  The controls... whatever...
maybe xbee, maybe a standard RC  RF transmitter.

I'd be down to work on it if someone else is willing to help out.