[hackerspaces] DARPA Sponsored Hacker Space Assessment

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 16:55:30 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Jesse Krembs <jessekrembs at gmail.com> wrote:
> The idea is that the assessment would be in person by the DARPA
> sponsored individual, with the assessor taking pictures of the space,
> making floor plan maps, inventory of major equipment (we have a
> lathe!). I think this is a good opportunity as well to provide a
> narrative history of the space and other relevant topics.

this would sound more appropriate from the library of congress or some
other historical archiving entity (something like Story Corps) instead
of DARPA.

I don't even know why DARPA would want this kind of info.  It doens't
seem like a useful database, especially if what gets provided is fully
voluntary (that stuff that looks like a fusion reactor?  no no, it's
not, never you mind that stuff, nothing to see here).