[hackerspaces] will the fruits of our labors be used for good or for evil?

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Mon Dec 5 00:45:07 CET 2011

I'm saying that I agree with Mitch that it legitimizes DARPA whose end goal, at the end of the day, is military research. By definition, military research involves more efficient and effective ways of killing other human beings. I'll take no part in that and I won't lend my name to their projects. I'll also endeavor to keep my hackerspace from helping them either.

They want to co-opt a ground up, grassroots movement, hackerspaces, for their own ends. Why should we help them?

Al