[hackerspaces] bitcoin

Chris Hardee shazzner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:18:09 CEST 2011

Actually now that I think about it, I think my 0.05 bitcoins came from a
'get free bitcoins for signing up to bitcoin' deal. In which case I earned
zero. :/

The bitcoin stockpiling comes from reading the official forums. I actually
don't really know if it's all being hoarded. Reading the forums you would
think all the world's banks are vying for precious bitcoins. All the bitcoin
'moguls' brag about their stockpiles and how high the price currently is. It
just reeked of Libertarianist monetary-fetishisms.

My point being that I think it's a really neat idea, but bitcoins won't
really matter until people stop caring about bitcoins themselves and have
actual real goods to buy with them. That pcb being the first thing I saw
that I'd actually wish to buy; all other bitcoin goods seem like cheap junk
being used to test the precarious bitcoin waters.