[hackerspaces] bitcoin

Chris Hardee shazzner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:10:33 CEST 2011

I read up a little on it and found someone selling a pcb board for bitcoins:
http://shrp.me/projects/apc/

So that was my goal, to mine enough to buy that. After leaving it running on
my computer for a week I had generated 0.05 bitcoins and gave up there.

It seems like a good idea, but the kind of people that would accept bitcoin
are the same that would hoard it like gold and it doesn't really work as a
currency unless it's being freely traded.