[hackerspaces] Social Statute or General Guidelines to Hackerspaces

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 00:26:17 CEST 2010

The most common cited reference (and I'm surprised I'm the first to
post) Is the "Hackerspace Design Patterns"
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Design_Patterns It's a list of design
patterns that have worked in the Germany, and has been a great set of
guidelines.  They are not rules, but they are a list of common
patterns by spaces that work.  Lars Weiler and Jens Ohlig wrote it,
and they are easy to contact via jabber.hackerspaces.org (or at least,
Jens is) if you want to ask questions.

I don't think bylaws are very useful as a guide, as they are usually
out of sync with the living, day to day behavior if a hackerspace, and
often include rules that are ignored, or information/expectations
members no longer have.

hack on,
- Far McKon

http://www.Hive76.org  "Making things awesome,  making awesome things!"