[hackerspaces] insurance (documentation, questions)

Nitin Gadia nittyjee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 20:16:04 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I recently added a page on insurance:
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Insurance

It needs to be expanded :)

We are looking for insurance here in Ames, Iowa, USA and are having a pretty
hard time, and it is making us a bit stuck.
We are dealing with a broker, and the only quote he has received was pretty
outrageous ($5000/yr or something).

I saw on the previous discussion threads, which I linked to in the wiki
article, that there is quite a range, from $324/yr to $1300/yr.

We are going to try to do pretty much everything, and the dangerous stuff
(woodworking, requiring electric saws and such) is going to be sectioned
off, and probably require some sort of official training.

Is there a way that I can provide information to the brokers here for
insurance companies they can go through?
Can I go through an insurance company any of you use, out of our locality,
or out of state?

The help will be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nitin Gadia
Ames, Iowa, USA
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Ames_MakerSpace