[hackerspaces] Call for support - 8 people living moneyless (refusing to use money!) will meet the first time for online video chat and consider streaming it live =)

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Sun Oct 3 18:04:35 CEST 2010

Hello fellow hackers,

I call myself elf Pavlik and I strictly don't use money for 17 months now.
Two weeks ago I started organizing online video chat with other people
around the world who also refuse to use money. From just few months like me
up to 19, 14 and 10 years. You can find short list of us at:
http://wiki.gifteconomy.org/wiki/Lifestyle_Gift_Economists

I also work on setting up a new website, with title - 'Toward a Moneyless
World'. It will provide information with references of all the projects
which let us organize and support ourself without involving money in the
process. Also tracking development of alternative/non-commercial economic
systems (including options without currencies). Like for example 'peer
economy' inspired by open source software - http://peerconomy.org

But coming back to my call for support and this online video chat. We
settled for the date in Gregorian calendar marked as - Sun, October 17th at
20:00 CEST. I would like to have it all technically prepared and tested
within next week. So far I look at some Red5 based solutions for the
convenience of participants, in the future I would like to move towards
something like 'muji'.

If any of you would like to help with setting up this online chat - up to
10 video participants, please contact me!

I don't know how many people would like to watch it live, but the more
hackerspaces will support streaming the smoother it can work. If we have
nice setup I will spend the last week before the chat spreading the word
and inviting people to grab the live stream.

Many people still don't realize that we don't need to cultivate use of
money. I see it as legacy system which we can make obsolete soon by
establishing various new systems which can coexist and provide everyone
freedom of choice in which to participate (or not).

Personally I would like to participate in this chat from one of the
hackerspaces. Since I also refuse to use state documents, I can visit only
those located in this 'Schengen Area' thing. This year I already visited
and met some people from: 'das Labor', 'muCCC', 'c-base', tomorrow I
organize workshop in 'HSB', in the end of October I plan to participate in
'GOZAHACK' and I plan to visit all near hackerspaces wherever I go.

=)
elf Pavlik

http://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper