[hackerspaces] Speaking at Defcon

Christopher J. Pilkington cjp at 0x1.net
Mon May 10 15:37:52 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 05:57:02PM -0400, Matt Joyce wrote:
> I mean... just saying... "HEY WE HAVE A WORKSHOP ISN'T THAT AWESOME" isn't
> really enough.  You need to say... CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THING WE DID!  Oh You
> want to be a part of that!?!  Here's how....

How about "Hackerspaces, a year-in-review," with a panel of
people from hackerspaces that actually turned out some good
projects, progress on a project, etc.  Tangible stuff, or at
least something new and exciting if it is intangible.  Less "we
are thinking about..." and more of "we have accomplished."

That way, people learn about hackerspaces indirectly, as in
"this is what gets done at these spaces" rather than
"zomg we have a hackerspace, you can too, here's how."

-cjp

N.B. I don't have a hackerspace (yet).