[hackerspaces] Establishing hackerspace and getting people actively involved

Nils Hitze nhitze at gmail.com
Sun May 9 23:26:56 CEST 2010

Just a short note for everyone with the Problem of missing
participation, take a
look at Jono Bacons brilliant Piece of work called: The Art of Community.

http://www.artofcommunityonline.org/

It's available as a pdf under cc-deed Licence. He has written down some
interesting opinions and his expirience as a CM for the Ubuntu Community.

Especially the BuzzChapter would be suitable for your Hackerspace.

Have you allready invited ALL UserGroups (including the RPG Players) ?

Im doing quite a lot of UserGroups, BarCamps and stuff here in Munich and i
always have to fight for new and old attendees, but still there was not ONE
person that asked me to be part of the team. We all know this problem, but
at least there are some people here that make own BarCampstyled events
now and only ask for consulting, which of course im allways willing to provide.

So about your faith, don't loose it, it is always hard and you will be (at least
in the beginning) the one that has to do most of the work. Sorry, that's the
life of a CM. Be patient. It will pay in the end, believe me.

Good luck and don't give up - Hackerspaces are to cool to be ignored.
Nils