[hackerspaces] web bots or more?

Jon Spriggs jon at spriggs.org.uk
Mon Mar 22 16:32:54 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen at uta.fi> wrote:
> Quoting Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 2:18 AM, cristian paul peñaranda rojas wrote:
>>> I'm asking for suguestions about bots that can help on hackerspace irc
>>> and microblgging services,
>>> and surelly could be interface with arduino related hardware?
> Well about microblogging. I have modified an existing ircbot to include
> features which allow (restricted) us to post links and wallposts to our
> Facebook group page from irc channel (#5w). It uses fbcmd cli api.  It isn't
> the most mind-blowing to use but it works :)

I'd be interested in seeing the code behind posting to FB.

For posting to any of the Twitter-Like APIs (Twitter.com, StatusNet,
identi.ca etc) I've got some code in PHP I wrote for another project
which provides a class for sending and receiving messages:

http://code.google.com/p/campfiremanager/source/browse/trunk/libraries/OmbSource.php

All the best,

Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs