[hackerspaces] Search and Rescue Robots

Dave Null noid23 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 23:26:30 CET 2010

@Hank-

Cool idea but they remind me too much of the bug robots in Runaway. Up
here in the northwest we do it the old fashioned way with people,
dogs, trucks and horses. However I've heard that one of the dog groups
is actually training up 'search cats' to explore collapsed
buildings/mine/tunnels. The cats will carry little setups strapped to
them that have things like cameras, microphones, and sensors for
environmental conditions. My unit sometimes assists the dog teams with
their training, if I ever get the chance to video some 'search kitty'
training I'll put it up for folks to watch.

@Tetsu

Let Hank get his news where he wants to get his news, you get yours
from where you want to get yours. No one likes a zealot.

PGP Key ID: 0x0517358E
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free" - Goethe