[hackerspaces] hackers + Haiti

Christopher Pilkington cjp at 0x1.net
Sun Jan 17 22:06:25 CET 2010

The biggest concern AHTIC (the IX in Port au Prince) had a couple days ago
was fuel... they are backhauling on microwave to the DR, and they were
concerned that their generators would run out of diesel, since the fuel
infrastructure is damaged/being redirected to humanitarian causes.

There are capable telecoms people on the ground (still), but until power
infrastructure is restored, I think that will be the limiting factor w.r.t.
such infrastructure.