[hackerspaces] need help hacking Audiovox DPF711K Video Message Center

Simon Dorfman simon at gumbolabs.org
Sat Feb 27 07:14:20 CET 2010

I picked up a few of these last time they were on woot.com because I was
tempted by a $30 7-inch color LCD screen & webcam. But it turned out to be
harder to hack than I thought. Maybe you more competent folks can help
figure it out?

I scanned the board that drives the LCD screen and put it on this forum
thread:
http://forum.gumbolabs.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34

anyone recognize any of those chips? any ideas how to get linux or openwrt
or something like that onto this board?

Thanks,
Simon

P.S.-Woot.com is selling this again today for $30.