[hackerspaces] RE : Re: hackerspace awards

Philippe Langlois philippe.langlois at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:47:42 CET 2010

Hmmm... this is an interesting pattern actually. Thanks.

Le 12 févr. 2010, 4:32 PM, "riot" <lists.riot at fedev.eu> a écrit :

Jeff Cotten wrote: > > Would any other hackerspace members be interested in
organizing some kind of...
As pointed out by many previous posters, imho competition lacks the overall
opensourcy, diy, free spirit.

But awards don't need such a hard competitive spirit.

Here at Voidspace (CCCAC) we currently have one award for our members: EOTM
(Employee of the month) which is awarded monthly to a single member who has
done
something good for the space.

But everbody keeps this award (on his wiki-userpage) so we keep on awarding
until
everyone has one.

Its rather pointless - but funny. And it might eventually encourage lazy
members
to actually get one ;)

Cheers,
riot