[hackerspaces] hackerspace awards

Jeff Cotten omegix at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 17:07:47 CET 2010

One of the things I like about a non-competition award is that multiple hackerspaces could collaborate
on a project nominated for the award.  Nothing wrong with multiple hackerspaces being recognized for great efforts.

~Omegix
Makers Local 256 (Huntsville, AL)

----------------
I'm wondering if competition is in the spirit of hackerspaces.
Take the demoscene competitions, it's often down to hiding the code to
have an advantage over others.
We are trying to be open and share.
Me personally I already find this quite difficult, being more from the
"invented here, not your's" generation.
So, better no competition but cross-space collaboration.

I see this already happen with arduino based access control systems.
Inspire each one, make it better, give it back.

Georges