[hackerspaces] kids, insurances, parental control

jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Tue Feb 9 18:23:42 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 11:41:18AM -0500, Stefan Arentz wrote:

> Personally I  think it is all very  much relevant and for  me it was
> really  interesting  to  read  how  other  spaces  deal  with  those
> things. I think  it totally has a place on  this mailing list, which
> is all about running spaces and the issues surrounding that. Right?

well ok ! then i think we can share the firemarking kids howto here

this is a good source for designs

http://thenonist.com/index.php/thenonist/permalink/fire_marks/

with a couple of overheated soldering irons you make them VERY HOT and
you STAMP THEM on their skin, keep it there for 1-2 minutes ET VOILA',
the kid is  MARKED, the sign will stay no matters  what, for the whole
life. it  gives a  secure feeling, especially  those signs  with hands
shaking       and      such,       like       this      one       here
http://www.hammerdown.com/collect/mark11.jpg these designs really look
serious and  institutional enough for lawyers to  understand there WAS
an agreement made about the kid! no matter what.

we still  have an unsolved problem  with the noise caused  by the kids
shouting while marked: it annoyes  the neighbours. by now we solved it
by stunning  the boys and girls with  a well placed blow  on the head,
but  suggestions  for  better   solutions  are  welcome,  as  a  small
percentage reported brain damage and that's a real pity.

ciao!! :))))

- --
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F  5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39