[hackerspaces] hackaday HORROR

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 22:24:12 CEST 2010

Koen,

Reducto Ad Absurdum* of your argument (which is Reducto Ad Absurdum*
itself) will eventually get to:  "Next thing, regular people want ads
about white supremacy removed, and what have you." There are such
things as "outright lies" and "Demonstrably False" that make something
worth banning. But to say "Nothing should Be Banned Ever Since Someone
Could Ban Something Else" is a terrible terrible terrible fallacy**.

That said, I don't care a whit about Scientology,  one way or the
other.*** I just care about the misuse of logic.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy
*** It's like the math-tax (aka lottery) for gullible rich people.

straw man on,
- Far McKon