[hackerspaces] h4x0roam

Alexandre Dulaunoy a at foo.be
Mon Apr 19 18:45:43 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Georges Toth <georges at trypill.org> wrote:

> Which inevitably led to a much bigger idea ... why not create a network like
> eduroam, but for hackerspaces and similar places ?
>
> Every hackerspace could have a radius server (either self-managed, or hosted)
> and link them to other radius servers ultimately allowing hackers around the
> world to use their same credentials at any access point connected to this
> radius network !

Sorry for being the devil's advocate why not having an open access wireless
network? An hackerspace should be a space where everyone should have
to technology and even Internet? what are really the risks to have an open
access point? It could be even a nice experiment for a hackerspace to run
an open network and see if those risks tend to be confirmed or not.

Just my humble input,

Kind regards,

--
--                   Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) -- http://www.foo.be/