[hackerspaces] Inventory Systems

bre pettis brepettis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 19:30:10 CEST 2009

We just set up an inventory and parts management system into Thingiverse to
track stuff at MakerBot and we opened it up for anyone to use.
http://www.thingiverse.com/parts

At NYCResistor we've got Pip who is an obsessive labeler. She labels
everything and every box so that it's clear where everything should go. This
makes for a small amount of organization of the chaos of tools and parts.

Each member also has a labeled shelf so that when Diana leaves something
out, I can just throw it on her shelf.

We try and keep shared tools in spots and that's also organized with the
label maker!

So, basically, my suggestion is get a labelmaker and tons of label tape and
let someone go wild with it.

Bre

http://brepettis.com
http://makerbot.com