[hackerspaces] Inventory Systems

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 20:06:43 CEST 2009

At 23B Shop, we get a lot of scraps and other stuff from local businesses,
so we basically just put it in labeled bins.  Things that are taking up room
and not being used eventually go into the "purgatory" bin, where it's liable
to be thrown out if nobody takes it or uses it.

No database or spreadsheet here.  If we were doing bulk purchases of things
like electronic components prior to needing them, I think there might be
value in having inventory controls.

Arclight