[hackerspaces] What form of organization does your hackerspace use?

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Tue Oct 13 08:53:46 CEST 2009

	Our brand new Perth space is a board elected by the
membership, and so far while the board has been doing a lot of the
work and taking the lead on a lot of the decisions, meetings with the
entire members are making most of the major decisions. So I guess we
fit into the membership category really, even though the board are
making a lot of important decisions in the process of getting us up
and running.
	We are going for a standard non-profit associations model,
with annual meetings to elect a board with the standard office
bearers, but we are trying to farm out as much of the board job to
subcommittees with any member who wants to help on them.
	The big issue at the moment, though, is that some board
members are the leaseholders on our space, so quite naturally they
have a very high priority towards getting our finances up and running
solidly as quickly as possible, so we are quite board led for the
moment.

	Cheers
		David