[hackerspaces] What form of organization does your hackerspace use?

Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) nick at hackerspaces.org
Mon Oct 5 19:29:49 CEST 2009

http://blog.hackerspaces.org/2009/09/13/hackerspaces-and-money-five-approaches/

To help spaces review various forms of organization, I've come up with a
loose framework of five different styles of spaces that I've observed:

   1. Anarchy <http://blog.hackerspaces.org/#anarchy>
   2. The Angels <http://blog.hackerspaces.org/#angels>
   3. The Owner <http://blog.hackerspaces.org/#owner>
   4. The Board <http://blog.hackerspaces.org/#board>
   5. The Membership <http://blog.hackerspaces.org/#membership>

I suspect that most spaces fall into the "Membership" category, but I'm most
curious about spaces that take on a different form that might more closely
fit into one of the other four categories.

To that end, which category do you think your space falls under and what are
the advantages and disadvantages of it?  Hopefully I can gather enough input
to make better informed posts on alternative forms of hackerspace
organization.

Thanks!

Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org
Washington, DC, 20013-1208 | +1 (707) 676-FARR | Fax: +1 (866) 536-2616 |
8B13F204
Sent from Washington, DC, United States