[hackerspaces] Software Licensing

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Thu Nov 12 11:32:36 CET 2009

vmr wrote:
> My god, I was thinking this was the corp-spaces mailing list instead.
>
> Is the next step turn the hackerspaces into corporations, help
> intelligence agencies and work for the state ?
>
> Now I understand why ppl go underground.

This is an international public mailing list with hundreds of people on it,
what do you expect ? I have seen local informal hidden warez servers inside
schools, companies, organizations, but be sure that no one would publicly
recognize them.

Curiously, hackerspaces may be one of the only places where they are not
necessary. Where people are competent enough to solve their problems
through open source software and make an effort to find OSS solutions.

Of course if you are studying security of proprietary systems, that is
another matter... I am not into that  but I think things get solved on a
case-by-case basis.