[hackerspaces] Kids and Hackerspaces

Rose White rose at yarnivore.com
Mon May 11 22:51:23 CEST 2009

Hi Aldert, others --

How exciting that there is a Family Village at HAR! I've seen on the
Toorcamp list that kids are also welcome with their parents/guardians.

I'm part of NYCR, and Matt did a terrific job of summarizing the
issues that came up in the discussion that day.

The response from CJP replying to those issues was definitely helpful
for providing another point of view, but I am especially interested in
hearing from other spaces that do (or do not) allow children in their
spaces, and how they handle this issue. We at NYCR would love to have
more concrete examples to consider as we come up with our group
policy. For this purpose, I'd even like to hear both US and non-US
examples, just so that we have as wide a range of opinions on the
topic as possible.

After all, the reason why we imposed a moratorium on our
group-discussion was so that a subset of us could go off and think
hard about how to handle this.

Cheers --

-- Rose/yarnivore