[hackerspaces] [YAHSP] Hacker's music album (proj. proposal)

Caspar Clemens Mierau ccm at c-base.org
Tue Jul 28 14:40:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 02:16:34PM +0200, Caspar Clemens Mierau wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 02:12:15PM +0200, jaromil wrote:
> >  ...yet  another hackerspace project (YAHSP!)
> >
> >      HACKER MUSIC ALBUM #1 - a simple compilation of what we L0V3(d)
> >
> > more titles please?  Grateful Death should be in there too IMHO.
>
> Kraftwerk - Nummern
> Kraftwerk - Computerwelt
> Miss Kittin and the Hacker - 1982

Ah.

Bodenständig 2000 - Kabelfreaks
Bodenständig 2000 - Die Tragödie Von Karl-Dieter

There are English lyrics translations available:

Cablefreax

Back then, we were nothing but cablefreax, lonesome cablefreax
Soldering was our joy
Soldering, not killing, cyberspace, not spam
Soldering was our destiny

Some even called us cyberpunx
Though they don't exist at all
Our insulating tape was striped in black and yellow
We sieved silicon.

Time passed, and we held a crucial convention
to beam images to retinas, that's all we could do
We were innocent like angel-faced babies
And we rode into the sun set for doom.

'Cause we were nothing but cablefreax, innocent cablefreax,
We edited many a configuration
We were cablefreax, innocent cablefreax
No picture? No sound? - On our way!

Then biologists replaced the engineers
They had that machine with the ding
They soldered nerve endings to our cables,
A creature to a thing

They created toy creatures made of blood and tin,
Their insulation tape was skin
We watched it on TV and didn't like it
Then they planted plugs into our brains

But we were nothing but cablefreax (cablefiddlers), innocent cablefreax
(cablefiddlers)
Soldering was our passion
We were nothing but cablefreax (cablefiddlers), innocent cablefreax
(cablefiddlers)
How were we to know?

And the system just used us - uhm - exploited us
And we held up - uhm - helped up the system

Fear the search of research

The Tragedy of Karl-Dieter

Karl-Dieter. Karl-Dieter!

What is it, Dad?

Don't tell me you're playing ATARI again?

Yes, Dad, why?

You don't do anything but sit around the house all day, Karl-Dieter.
Let me see that!

Hey, what?

You've got all pixely eyes by now.

Nonsense!

Well yes, you do. Why don't you go out, have some fresh air.

It's not fresh really.

The sunshine and the fresh air will do you good, Karl-Dieter. Come on,
out!

Aaaand what am I supposed to do outside?

BIOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu

Birdwatching counts among the finest activities of nature lovers. It is
not only the gay medley and the often colorful plumage that enthuses us,
but even more so the birdsongs which have aroused man's interest in
these creatures since the beginning of time. What is more, the birdsong
is very often the only chance of determining a species. Why, now, do
birds sing?
Most certainly not for pure entertainment, as many a man might be lead
to believe. The males rather mark their territories acoustically and
call their females during m8ing season. As soon as the birds awake,
often long before sunrise, they start their songs. After the dead of
night, such an early concert is an impressive event time and again.
Above all, the call of the cuckoo is distinctly audible at that time of
day...

Ain't that beeewdiful...

The blackbird, alas, figures prominently in this choir. Its song is one
of the most adorable of our avian wildlife. The male tries to attract a
m8 with his call. A passing gray heron is cawing hoarsely.

Ain't that beeewdiful...
(white dove, fly with the wind...)

Dear Daddy,
This tape is my last goodbye. I will now enter my ATARI via the user
interface and will turn into an OS call. I'll be converting graphics
from the standard to the specific device format, thing i was always best
at. Please hand the bird book back to the library by Tuesday, or you'll
have to pay an extra Deutschmark.
RTS, uhmm, bye
Karl-Dieter

From: http://www.nullsleep.com/bodenstandig/