[hackerspaces] "Surfen Multimedia"

quemener.yves at free.fr quemener.yves at free.fr
Wed Jul 22 17:49:13 CEST 2009

No one declares a "global hacker anthem" ;-)
One does a great song and see it propagate as a successful meme... or not.
I suspect that if one ever succeeds to this, it will require more tongue-in-cheek-iness
I have seen people claiming that Basshunter's "Botten Anna" was a geek anthem but I suspect they were humorous... I think...
I'm pretty sure However that these guys from Tokyo's Hackers Cafe who pretended that the Loituma girl song was significant to the hacker's culture were joking. They however were serious enough to make a cosplay "tribute" and to print a 3D figure of it (http://blog.hackers-cafe.net/2009/07/itoyanagi-our-brandnew-product.html)

Iv

PS : IMHO any hacker anthem has to have a metal/Punk version before being seriously taken into consideration ;-)