[hackerspaces] Insurance Recommendations for a US-based space?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 18:25:16 CEST 2009

Noisebridge is in San Francisco, which is a place where insurance is higher than most.  We also have 1000 sq. ft.  But we do allow anyone to come in, including groups of kids (any age).  $1,300 seems about right for liability.

We were very upfront about who we are (a hacker space) and what we do.  It is best not to call what you do "light industrial" since that has a meaning (though I can't remember what) that is not descriptive of what goes on in hacker spaces.  It's great that you have a space where you can do welding.  :)

Our broker is MIF Insurance Agency, in San Francisco.

Mitch.