[hackerspaces] Insurance Recommendations for a US-based space?

Jason Bailey jason at hive13.org
Thu Jul 2 15:39:42 CEST 2009

We've recently signed a lease on a space and are searching for an
appropriate insurance provider.  Several of the usual suspects have said we
need a specialty policy written, and it's taking some time to get together.
Others have simply responded that they cannot offer the type of coverage we
need.

Can anyone speak to the type of insurance they've purchased for their space
and why that particular type of coverage was chosen?  Also, we're trying to
work the costs into the budget, but as of yet have only guesses as to what
our monthly premium may be.  Is anyone comfortable sharing what their
monthly costs are?

Jason