[hackerspaces] Respect the Past, Examine the Present, Build the Future

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 16:15:18 CEST 2009

> not to forget: a wide array of collectively owned
> workshops, tool shops and spaces for making that
> emerged in the 1970s as part of new
> countercultural topologies (squat houses,
> communes and farming cooperatives etc.) ... as
> mentioned in "hacking the spaces".

Hear Hear. I second johannes.

I got into hakcersapces through the housing/tool cooperative(s)
movement.  I'm thinking of making a talk on how hackerspaces tie into
other collaborative spaces organizations, from condo's to food
cooperatives, for a talk I'm giving in January.  IF anyone has input,
let me know.

hack on,
- Far McKon

----