[hackerspaces] Respect the Past, Examine the Present, Build the Future

Nick Farr (HacDC) nickfarr at hacdc.org
Tue Aug 25 19:09:46 CEST 2009

Just published my second HS Theory Tuesday post.

Perhaps I buried my ultimate point at the end, but based on previous
conversations, I wanted to make sure you all saw the following pitch:

"Looking at the history of these spaces and the theory behind them is
something we can all take part in. Even if you aren’t directly involved in a
hackerspace, you can help research old spaces and contribute your findings
to the hackerspaces.org wiki <http://hackerspaces.org/wiki>. If you have
experience with non-profits, write a wiki page on
fundraising<http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Fundraising>,
or some other aspect you have experience in. If you are involved in a
Hackerspace, respond to Far McKon’s Hackerspace organization
questions<http://lists.hackerspaces.org/pipermail/discuss/2009-August/000832.html>,
join the Hackerspaces discussion
list<http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss>and jump
on the upcoming
call-in <http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Call-in/2009-09-06>!"

http://hackerspaces.org/blog/2009/08/25/respect-the-past-examine-the-present-build-the-future/

Thoughs and comments are encouraged as always!

Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org
Washington, DC, 20013-1208 | +1 (707) 676-FARR | Fax: +1 (866) 536-2616 |
8B13F204